We provide a full structural and civil engineering consultancy service to domestic clients for new build, extensions, basements, alterations, loft and barn conversions, external works, landscaping and any aspect of engineering required. No project is too small and we are happy to undertake the design of a single beam (say to form an opening in a wall) up to a full scale complex project.
We pride ourselves with the following:
- We are friendly, approachable and listen to our clients to establish their requirements.
- We work with clients to achieve an acceptable and aesthetically pleasing design and are happy to carry out modifications to achieve the desired solution.
- A professional service, completed on time.
- Well thought out designs.
The following are examples of services we provide, some with links to more detailed information:
- Structural design – we provide structural calculations and details for compliance with the building regulations. We can extend this to full working drawings to assist contractors in understanding the design concept and to simplify construction. To achieve building regulation approval, beam sizes and a few notes is all that is normally necessary and this can be extended to providing drawings including details of how the structural elements integrate with the structure, connection details between structural elements and fixing details for floors, roofs and how these tie into walls.
- Structural assessment – we can carry out detailed investigation into defects and produce detailed reports with recommendations for remediation. Following this, detailed design for remediation can be undertaken.
- Tender documents – we can produce tender documents for construction work if required.
- Contractual documents – we always recommend that there is a contract between our Client and the contractor to protect all parties and to clearly lay down the scope of work, payment terms and procedures for dispute resolution.
- Insurance claims – we can provide structural information to support an insurance claim. This can include detailed assessment and reporting with recommendations (read more) and monitoring of cracks - read more
For more details about our full structural engineering services - read more
The following is a link to residential projects we have undertaken – residential projects