We can provide the following services:
- Section 38 drawings for roads for adoption.
- Section 104 applications for drainage to be adopted by the local authority.
- The design of estate and more major roads.
- Section 278 - alterations to existing highways.
- Sustainable drainage solutions (SuDS).
We undertake design for roads and drainage for housing developments and estate roads. Details can be drawn up to adoptable standards where roads are to be adopted by the Local Authority under a Section 38 agreement. We can also deal with applications for the adoption of Foul drainage and Storm Water drainage systems under Section 104 agreements. Design of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) are undertaken to reduce loading on existing sewers and water courses. This is more often than not a requirement for new developments.
One project of particular interest is a complicated scheme for Barratt Homes, comprising the redevelopment of Lower School, Kingsbridge. This was a steeply sloping site where it was very difficult to achieve the design of the road to adoptable standards due to steep gradients. The project was successfully completed and adopted by the Local Authority – read more