Established in 1996, the consultancy continues to expand encompassing further expertise and fields of knowledge. We now have the benefit of four Chartered Engineers, two experienced Design Engineers and a technician, plus secretarial and administrative support.
We are forward thinking and have invested in the latest computerised analysis, design and drawing systems to ensure high quality and cost effective professional service to our clients.
We are interested in projects of all sizes from single beam designs to major projects, our largest to date valued at £20M.
Our Clients range from Domestic Clients, who wish to make structural alterations to their homes, through to Commercial Clients who may require industrial units, warehousing, alterations, office blocks, housing, roads and drainage, etc. Our Clients include Private Individuals requiring design or surveys, Manufactures, Developers, Architects, Commercial and Industrial Organisations, Insurances Companies, Loss Adjusters, Religious Organisations, Holiday Camps and Leisure Industry.
What we offer...
- We undertake structural engineering and civil engineering designs and prepare drawings for construction for virtually any type of structure, plant or utility within the construction industry
- Design for extensions, alterations to existing structures, barn and loft conversions
- Preparing design solutions and specifying materials
- Obtaining Building Regulation and other approvals
- Structural surveys for both domestic and commercial premises
- Preparation of specifications, contracts and tender documents
- Carrying out site supervision and inspections
- Acting as Expert Witness and advising on structural matters in legal cases and disputes
- Carrying out CDM Coordinator services under the CDM regulations
- We deal with party wall issues and work within the Party Wall Act
- For subsidence claims we issue reports, monitor structures, specify remedial measures and supervise works on site
- We prepare trial hole or borehole reports to determine suitable foundation design
We are a Limited Company and Simon Bastone is the sole Director. The company number is 4540207 - Registered in England at Bishops Chambers, 14 Cathedral Close Exeter, Devon, EX1 1EZ
What is a Structural Engineer
Structural Engineers are specialists in the design, construction, repair, conversion and extensions of all buildings and structures (both large and small). They are professional people who are required to pass a rigorous test of competence set by the Institution of Structural Engineers in order to become Chartered or Incorporated members of the institution.
Every construction project is different and requires the Structural Engineer to use skill and experience to calculate loads and stresses, investigate foundations and ground conditions, analyse the behaviour of beams, columns, walls, and roof members, together with overall stability and wind loading, in a variety of construction materials, and to design the structure to ensure that it has the strength required to perform its function safely, economically and with a shape and appearance that is visually satisfying.
When the stability of any property of is affected by subsidence, fire, flood or explosion, it is the Structural Engineer who will be able to determine the degree of damage and recommend the necessary remedial action.
We have an extensive library of British Standards and technical literature and have invested heavily in computer software to enable designs to be undertaken quickly, efficiency and also economically. Software is frequently used to undertake designs to ensure a high quality and cost effective results.
Our investment in computer software ensures our time is spent cost effectively enabling complex calculations to be undertaken, such as three dimensional frame analysis, portal frames, finite element analysis, raft foundations, retaining walls and flat slab designs.
We use the industry standard AutoCad 2013 for our CAD drawings.
We adopt quality control systems to ensure continued high quality of work for our clients.
Much of our work is in the South West of England covering West Devon, East Devon, North Devon, South Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset. We also work nationally though including London, Orkney, Guernsey and many other areas. South West towns we cover include Taunton, Wellington, Bridgewater, Weymouth, Ilfracombe, Barnstaple, Bideford, Holsworthy, Torquay, Torbay, Newton Abbot, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Lyme Regis, Plymouth, Launceston, Bodmin, Truro, St Austell, Redruth, Newquay, Camborne, Falmouth, Heston, Penzance.